Smartlipo in Washington, DC with Dr. Marwan Khalifeh
Smartlipo in Washington, DC with Dr. Marwan Khalifeh – Dual Board Certified Plastic Surgeon |Before-After|
Dr. Marwan Khalifeh uses the SmartLipo technique to eliminate fatty tissue. SmartLipo uses medical-grade lasers that create a light beam that is powerful enough to rupture the fat cells without traumatizing the nearby nerves, blood vessels or other soft tissue.
If you reside in or near Washington DC and are interested in having SmartLipo, Dr. Khalifeh has the skills, knowledge and experience to help you attain the body you have always wanted. Simply contact our office by calling (301) 244-0148 or schedule online.
Smartlipo versus Laser Lipo versus Traditional Liposuction
Smartlipo is the leading brand of laser lipo. Laser lipo is the family name of the procedure, and smartlipo is the leading brand that makes Laser Lipo Machines.
Traditional liposuction does not involve the use of lasers or ultrasound machines. Note that smartlipo involves elements of traditional lipo. The idea that the procedures are totally different is a marketing myth. But smartlipo involves an advanced laser being used to enhance your results when appropriate.
During SmartLipo at Dr. Khalifeh’s Washington, DC Facility
Numbing fluid is inserted thru small incisions. A laser is used to liquefy fatty tissue that is then removed via liposuction. To perform this procedure Dr. Khalifeh makes a small incision in the skin and delivers the laser energy via a thin laser fiber. Dr. Khalifeh points the laser at the skin tissues, encouraging the development collagen. Doing so helps the skin tighten following the SmartLipo procedure. This creates a sculpted, smooth body contour.
Good candidates for SmartLipo in Washington, DC are individuals who:
- Are in good general health
- Is close to their suggested body weight or have a realistic understanding that this is not a weight loss procedure.
SmartLipo is Not Intended for Weight Loss
SmartLipo is not used for weight loss, but for individuals who want to sculpt and contour their body. There are areas of the body that are prone to storing fat. Some of these areas are impossible to eliminate even with diet and exercise. These areas are the perfect target for the SmartLipo technique offered at Dr. Khalifeh’s Washington DC facility. Read here about Dr. Khalifeh’s explanation of weight loss versus liposuction.
During your initial consultation at our Washington, DC Facility
During your consultation with Dr. Khlaifeh you should be prepared to discuss:
- Why and where you want SmartLipo performed
- Your previous medical conditions, surgeries, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Any recreational drug, alcohol or tobacco use
- Your current vitamins, herbal supplements and medications
Dr. Khalifeh may also want to:
- Take photos to place in your medical record
- Discuss pre-existing health issues and evaluate your current health
- Discuss your options and the risks for each
- Talk about his plan for your SmartLipo procedure
- What you can expect during your recovery
- Address any concerns you have about your SmartLipo procedure
Preparing for Your SmartLipo Procedure with Dr. Khalifeh in Washington, DC
- Avoid taking ibuprofen, aspirin and products that contain aspirin at least two weeks before your SmartLipo procedure as these kinds of medications affect the way your blood clots
- Not drink alcoholic beverages within 24 hours of your SmartLipo procedure or lab tests
- Bring an extra set of loose fitting clothing with you to our Washington DC facility to wear following your SmartLipo procedure
- Have your driver accompany you to our Washington DC facility on the day of your SmartLipo procedure
- Consider asking a friend or family member to care for you at least the night of your SmartLipo procedure
Dr. Khalifeh may give you additional instructions to follow prior to your SmartLipo procedure in Washington DC.
The Smartlipo Procedure at our Washington, DC Facility
A calibrated laser liquefies the fat deposits located on the top layers of a patient’s skin. The laser ruptures fat cells, liquefying them. Dr. Khalifeh removes the liquid via liposuction using a small hollow tube (cannula) inserted into the tiny incision in the patient’s skin.
The small cannula that Dr. Khalifeh uses during a SmartLipo procedure in Washington DC keeps scars from being left behind.
The laser utilized in a SmartLipo procedure seals the blood vessels while cutting the fat. It is believed that this reduces bleeding, bruising and swelling. The SmartLipo procedure can be performed with local, general or regional anesthesia.
Recovery from Your Smartlipo Procedure in Washington, DC
There are several stages involved in the recovery from a SmartLipo procedure. Dr. Khalifeh will apply compression garment to aid with your recovery following your SmartLipo procedure. The compression bandages prevent the tissues from shifting and prevent blood coagulation. You will most likely experience some swelling, bruising and discomfort following your SmartLipo procedure. Whether you are able to return to work right away will depend on the number of areas you ask Dr. Khalifeh to target during your SmartLipo procedure.
Your body will need time to recalibrate its fluid following your SmartLipo procedure in Washington DC. It also needs time to heal because the tissues were disturbed and redistributed. The larger the change in fluid volume, the larger the area disturbed by your SmartLipo procedure, the longer the recovery takes. However, because SmartLipo is not as traumatic to your tissues in the areas treated, recovery time is substantially shorter than seen with other liposuction techniques.
During your recovery from your SmartLipo procedure:
- Get rest – you may need 2-3 days to an entire week to rest
- Avoid any strenuous activities – this includes lifting, this could last up to a month
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy to aid in the healing process
Contact Our Washington DC Plastic Surgery practice to learn more about Tummy Tuck Surgery
If you are considering a tummy tuck or any other kind of plastic surgery and reside in or near Washington DC, contact Dr. Marwan Khalifeh. For out of town patients, consider a phone screening first and then our fly in option. His knowledge, experience and skills can help you look and feel better.
Contact Our Washington DC Plastic Surgery practice regarding SmartLipo
We look forward to helping you understand how SmartLipo with Washington DC Liposuction specialist Dr. Khalifeh can benefit you. To learn more about SmartLipo contact our office by calling us today at (301) 244-0148 or schedule online